Baby Shower Chocolate Snowflake Cookies
These are so much FUN to make with kids and so good to eat! If you like brownies, you’ll love these chewy cookies with “snowflake” cracks on top. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 50 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- medium bowl
- large bowl
- small saucepan
- pastic wrap
- measuring cups and spoons
- cookie sheet
- cooling rack
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in the medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the small saucepan, melt butter over low heat and then add the cocoa powder. Blend well.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Transfer this to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla, the eggs (one at a time, stirring well in between).
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture to the cocoa mixture. Mix well.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Roll the chilled dough into 1/2 inch balls and roll in the powdered sugar.*
- Place the cookie balls on the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart, and bake for 8 minutes.
Thank you Penzey’s for a great recipe! I love your spices too!
*Coat your hands with powdered sugar to easier rolling!