Scroll all the way down for the Millionaire (Candied) Bacon recipe and video!Print
Deviled Eggs on a Summer Picnic
Deviled eggs are great to take on road trips, picnics and summer gatherings. Depending on how you top them, they can be as unique as you’d like! See the notes for some different variations. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 24 deviled eggs
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove
- 12 boiled eggs*, peeled and cut in half longwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 stick softened butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- sliced olives, optional
- Millionaire bacon, optional
- Tajin, optional
- Valentina hot sauce, optional
- Combine mayonnaise, butter, salt, and paprika in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pipe the yolk mixture back into the halved egg whites.
- Top with your choice of toppings: Millionaire Bacon, olives, Tajin, Valentina
*To make hard boiled eggs: Bring water to a boil, gently place eggs into water, cook for 30 seconds, add 12 ice cubes, bring water to almost boiling and cook eggs for 13 minutes. Place hot eggs in a ice water and peel under cold running water.
If you can find Beau Monde seasoning, this is a nice alternative to paprika. Simply replace the paprika with 1/2 teaspoon of the Beau Monde. This is a spice blend by Island Spices of powdered onion, garlic, and celery seed.
My favorite toppings for deviled eggs is a combination of Millionaire Bacon and Valentina. These two together give the eggs a sweet, salty, spicy kick that is hard to beat.
Millionaire (Candied) Bacon
Millionaire Bacon is a sweet and salty treat that is great on deviled eggs, in a Bloody Mary or on it’s own. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 pieces
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- 6 strips of bacon cut in half
- dijion mustard
- brown sugar
- Turn oven on 375F degrees.
- Place bacon on silpat or parchment paper, spread a thin layer of mustard over each piece, and sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
- Bake for 7 minutes, flip, add more brown sugar and bake for another 7 minutes.
Watch these very carefully! They go from dark golden bronze to BURNT in a flash so watch out!