Espresso Panna Cotta
This low carb dessert is so easy to make ahead and have at the ready. It’s fancy enough for a dinner party and simple enough to have any time! | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 heaping teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Truvia for lower carbs)
- pinch of salt
- whip topping (Reddi Whip)
- 1 small white chocolate bar (for garnish)
- 1 small dark chocolate bar (for garnish)
- 4 pretty cups or glasses for serving
- small saucepan and whisk
- vegetable peeler
- In the saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the milk and heat until the gelatin dissolves. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Stir over medium heat until it steams but does not boil.
- Add ceram, the espresso powder, sugar (Truvia), and salt. Lower heat and stir until sugar dissolves about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour cream mixture into serving glasses, cover, and refrigerate.
- Stir every 20 minutes for the first hour.
- Chill until set, at least 6 hours and up to 2 days.
Thank you for a wonderful dessert, Deb! This is Jerry’s favorite! 🙂