Here’s just the recipe for Frazer’s Tomato Cheddar Soup. It doesn’t take long to make, but like any soup it’s always better the next day. Let me know what you think and please give it a STAR rating. Enjoy!Print
Tomato Cheddar Soup
A blend of asparagus, tomato, and cheddar goodness! A super rich and most satisfying way to enjoy the end of the season tomato harvest. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 25
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- 2.25 lbs. asparagus ends
- 9 oz chopped onion
- 8 oz unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 8 oz flour
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 28 oz canned tomatoes, diced
- 12 oz cheddar cheese
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in the large soup pot. Dice asparagus ends and sauté with diced onions in the hot butter, approximately 10 minutes.Heat stock in smaller pot or electric tea kettle.
- When asparagus and onions are soft, add flour and cook 4 minutes stirring constantly so the flour doesn’t stick or burn.Slowly stir in heated stock into flour and vegetables 2 cups at time. Bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool slightly. Puree with emersion blender and strain with sieve or food mill.
- Bring puree back to a boil, add diced tomatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cheddar cheese and heavy cream.Garnish with julienned basil.
From the blog post: Tomato Cheddar Soup
Recipe credit: Frazer’s Restaurant & Lounge
*If you don’t have a hand emersion blender, you can use a blender (like a Ninja) that has locking capabilities. If your blender doesn’t lock and your soup is hot, trust me, you will be cleaning soup off your ceiling, cabinets, and walls forever.