M’s Garlic Parmesan Salad
Light crisp and remarkably fresh salad. If you like a good caesar salad, you will love this! | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Salad
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large head of Romain lettuce, chopped
- fresh group pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- hand emulsion blender, blender, or mini food processor
- salad bowl
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, boil 3 garlic cloves for 10 minutes.
- Put the boiled garlic, 1 fresh garlic clove, salt, mustard, and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the olive oil while blending until completely emulsified.
- Put the chopped lettuce in the salad bowl and add garlic dressing. Mix well.
- Top with toasted pine nuts* and cheese.
*To toast pine nuts – in a dry pan, cover the bottom in a small skillet and heat over medium heat. Do not leave this unattended. It will burn fast!!! Shake the pan often and remove from heat as soon as they start to turn golden brown.