Goddess Salad Recipe
Goddess Salad with Pesto Chicken and Goat Cheese Recipe- Bright, fresh, tangy, sweet & savory. Super Yum! | www.lakesidetable.com
- 2 rotisserie chicken
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 6 ounces plain or herb goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons Goddess dressing
- Chop. Toss. Dress. Eat.
- It’s that simple. Really. But if you want me to break it down, here you go.
- Wash your lettuce. Put it in a bowl. Toss the lettuce with the dressing. If you are feeling adventuresome, use your hands and gently rub the dressing over each piece of the the lettuce.
Next, chop up your left over rotisserie chicken and mix it with 3 tablespoons (or enough to lightly coat the chicken) of pesto. Put that on the lettuce. Add the cranberries, & goat cheese.
Toast pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat. 2-4 minutes. Watch carefully. They go from brown to burnt in a nano second!
Top salad with toasted pine nuts and enjoy.
An alternative to making a salad is to make a lettuce wrap by taking a large broad leaf of romain and spread it out. Mix the pesto chicken, cranberries, pine nuts, and goat cheese with the salad dressing. Spoon this mixture over the romain. Roll it up, wrap it up in a paper towel, and eat it on the go. Super fast, super yummy!