Golden Roast Chicken
Simple and straightforward, roasting chicken in the oven makes for a wonderful and fast home cooked meal any night of the week. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- 1 whole fryer chicken (approx. 3 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, cut in 1/2
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- roasting pan
- knife and cutting board
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Smear butter all over chicken and sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and onion powder all over chicken.
- Squeeze lemon inside chicken cavity and leave lemon inside.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 180ºF at thigh joint and the juices run clear.
- When done let it rest covered for 15 minutes.