Grandma’s Homemade Pie Crust
Take all the guess work out of making a flaky but firm pie crust that will hold up to any of your favorite fillings! Yep, just like grandma used to make because this was her recipe. Enjoy! | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 pie shell
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
2 cups flour
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening (Crisco)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 1/2 tablespoons water
measuring cups and spoon
- Put all dry ingredients into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Drop pea size bits of the shortening into flour.
- Using the whisk in an up and down motion, break up the shortening into the flour until it looks like course sand.
- Add the water a little at a time until you can form a ball.
- Flatten into a disk and chill for a least 1/2 hour or over night.
- Roll out onto a floured surface.
- Place into the pie tin and prick with a fork.
- Fill with your favorite filling!