Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to make these. They need to refrigerate over night! These store really well in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks or freeze them for up to 3 months. So much fun to make and even better to eat! | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 18 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top, Refrigeration
- 3 packages of unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- 12 oz sugar, granular
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean seeds (optional)
- 1/4 powdered sugar
- 1/4 cornstarch
- Nonstick spray
- candy thermometer
- medium saucepan
- stand mixer with whisk attachment
- baking sheet
- knife or pizza cutter
- Sprinkle all the gelatin over 1/2 cup water in the bowl of the stand mixture and let it hydrate.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve 12 oz granular sugar in 1/2 cup water.
- Add the syrup and salt and increase the heat and put in the candy thermometer. Stir constantly until the syrup mixture reaches 240ºF. Remove from heat.
- Let the syrup cool slightly and very slowly and very carefully pour it into the dissolved hydrated gelatin. Turn the stand mixer on low.
- Once all the syrup is in, increase the speed to high for 15 minutes until it is thick and white.
- Add vanilla extract and vanilla seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Sift together cornstarch and powdered sugar and heavily coat entire baking sheet.
- Spread marshmallow mixture onto baking sheet. Smooth surface with the back of a wet spatula.
- Dust the top with more powdered sugar and refrigerate over night un covered.
- On a surface dusted with powdered sugar and cornstarch, invert the baking sheet onto the surface. Marshmallows should come out easily.
- Use a sharp knife dusted with cornstarch or a pizza cutter to cut marshmallow into squares.