Golden Crusted Crab Cakes
These are beautifully browned until golden and a bit crispy with big chunky hunks of crab meat. Make these a day ahead and then pop them in the oven for a quick delicious dinner on a busy night. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 36 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Oven Broiler
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 20 salteen crackers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 dash or 2 of Tabasco Sauce
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- large mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- cookie sheet
- Gently lay the crab meat evenly in a large mixing bowl.
- Crush the saltines very fine and spread evenly over the crab.
- In the small bowl, mix the pepper, Tabasco, mustard, Old Bay, Worcestershire, egg, and mayonnaise until combined. Pour this over the crackers and crab meat.
- Very gently fold together. Try not to break up the crab lumps. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to over night.
- Turn on oven broiler.
- Form mixture into patties, put them on a cookie sheet, and brush with melted butter. Broil for 8 minutes until golden brown, flip and continue to broil until this side is also golden brown.
Thanks Dad! You are a great cook and I always love your recipes!