Ice Cream Bombe Dessert
An Ice Cream Bombe is a “semi” homemade, easy, super tasty, and really pretty dessert. Use either a chocolate or yellow pound cake and your favorite ice cream. I love it’s huge “WOW” factor when it comes to the table! ❤️| www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 bombe
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: French
- pound cake
- 1/2 pint ice cream
- Cool Whip
- Cut enough pound cake in 1/2 inch width slices to cover the opening perimeter of the bowl. Set the pieces aside.
- Line the side of the bowl with plastic wrap. Leave plenty of plastic overhanging bowl.
- Fill bowl with ice cream up to 1/2 inch from the top.
- Cover the ice cream completely with pound cake.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Unmold by turning the bowl upside down, holding onto the plastic, lift the bowl away. Discard plastic wrap.
- Cover ice cream dome with Cool Whip and refreeze until ready to eat.
If you want to make this ahead, make it up to step #6. Unmold it but keep it covered in plastic and replace it back in the freezer. Add the Cool Whip right before you serve or up to several hours ahead of time.
Keywords: ice cream, ice cream dessert, dessert, ice cream bombe