Parsley Mussel Salad
This is a recipe inspired from my girlfriend Claudie’s home town of Marseilles, France. A far cry from Marseilles, IL! It’s a great way to enjoy parsley in a new and abundant way. This is an easy dish that’s fast to whip up. It’s Low Carb and Gluten Free too! | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Appetizer, Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: French
- 2 pounds of mussels
- a big bunch of fresh parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- large soup pot
- medium serving bowl
- knife and chopping block
- Wash the mussels and discard any broken ones
- Turn the stove on medium high and put all the mussels in a large dry soup pot, cover with a lid but leave space for the steam to escape.
- After the pot starts to steam, steam them for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the mussels are steaming, chop the parsley, mince the garlic, and cut the lemon in 1/2.
- Open each mussels, remove the beard, release the mussel from the shell, and put them in a bowl.
- Gently toss the parsley and garlic into the mussels.
- Squeeze the lemon over the parsley and mussels. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
What take the most time in this recipe, is debearding the mussels. If you can enlist the hands of a friend, it goes much faster and it’s way more fun!