Keto Hot Cocoa
This is a rich and luscious treat. Best sipped slowly on a cold evening. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stove Top
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 8 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 teaspoons Truvia*
- whip cream (such as Redi Whip)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- microwave safe bowl
- small sauce pot
- vegetable peeler
- Shave 1 tablespoon of chocolate with vegetable peeler and set aside.
- Put chocolate and 1/2 cup heavy cream into microwave safe bowl and microwave on high at 20 second intervals, stirring in-between, until chocolate is melted.
- Add chocolate and the rest of the ingredients to small sauce pot and turn heat to medium low.
- Whisk together until Truvia dissolves and everything is combined. Do not let it boil. Keep it on a low simmer or just steaming.
- Pour into 2 cups, top with whip cream, chocolate shavings, and serve.
*Truvia is a low glycemic sweetner made from a sugar alcohol derived from birch trees. Find it in your baking isle!