No Bake Low Carb Gluten Free Lemon Cheesecake with Blueberry Topping
This was the winner of a low carb cheese cake tasting. It’s rich and luscious, creamy with a nice bottom crunch. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigeration
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 3 tablespoon Truvia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz heavy cream
- 2 oz sour cream
- 1/3 cup Truvia (or powdered Splenda)
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- springform pan
- mixing bowl
- stand mixer
- small pot
- small bowl and fork
- In a mixing bowl, mix all crust ingredients with fingers until well combined and looks like wet sand.
- Press almond mixture into the bottom of a springform pan. Set aside.
- In the stand mixer with the wire whip attachment, whip together the cream cheese, sour cream, and Truvia. Slowly add the heavy cream, lemon juice, and extract.
- Pour on top of crust and refrigerate until set.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, add the blueberries. Cook down until most of the berries have burst. Remove from heat.
- Mix the corn starch with the cold water. Pour into the berries and stir constantly until well blended.
- Bring the blueberries back to the heat until it starts to bubble. This will activate the corn starch and thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Putting it all together
- Once the cheesecake is set and the topping is completely cooled, pour the topping over the cheesecake.
The title to this recipe is a MOUTHFUL. I was tempted to call it “No Lo No Cheesecake” because … well, I think it’s obvious, don’t you? 😉