Oven Steamed Trout in Parchment
This easy recipe is fun to do because it makes a great presentation at the table. It’s like opening up a package just for you on your plate. How cool is that? | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- 4 (6 oz) trout filets
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, zested
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon peel, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cookie sheet
- mixing bowl
- parchment paper*
- zester, knife and cutting board
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl combine parsley, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, preserved lemon, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Fold a 12″ x 15″ piece of parchment in half and fold ends (about a 1/2 inch) under three times leaving the long side open.
- Place 1 trout in each “bag” skin side down, equally divide the parsley mixture and sprinkle over the trout.
- Crimp the opening closed and form a tight seal.
- Place the parchment packages on the cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the fish is flaky.
*Brown paper lunch bags work well for this also. Some fancy gourmand stores carry parchment bags too.
These packets can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.