Piri Piri Chicken Recipe
With this Piri piri Chicken Recipe you… Blitz – Pour – Bake! Presto! You are a superstar!!! Such and easy recipe. You totally rock! And super good too! | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: main dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Portuguese
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large roasted red pepper, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Put the chicken and roasted red peppers in a casserole dish
- Put all the other ingredients in a blender, except the thyme. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour this over the chicken and peppers. Top with the sprigs of thyme.
- Bake for 1 hour or until chicken temperature reads 160 degrees.
Serve over wild rice, white rice, or cous cous. A side salad and broccoli go well with this as would a side of ratatouille or braised asparagus with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
I’m not big on sweet wines, but they do go very nicely if I’ve gone heavy on the red pepper flakes. If you like your Piri Piri on the spicy side try a dry Reisling or if it’s not too spicy a Sauvignon Blanc is good with it too.