Pork Roast with Cherry Marinade
A little sweet and a whole lot savory, slow roasted for tender moist succulent pork. | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Roast
- 1 boneless pork loin (4 lbs)
- 1 small bunch of thyme
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 orange juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- saucepan and whisk
- roasting pan
- tin foil
- large zip lock
Make the Marinade
- In a small saucepan, simmer all marinade ingredients for 10 minutes. If it reduces down too much, add more chicken stock. You should have at least 1 1/2 of marinade.
- Let the marinade cool and blend in a blender until smooth.
- Put the pork and marinade in a zip lock for at least 1 hour and up to over night.
- Preheat oven to 475ºF.
- Put pork in a roasting pan fat side up. Top with thyme sprigs.
- Pour marinade in sauce pan over medium to high heat and reduce by 1/2.
- Pour over pork loin and thyme.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes then turn the temperature to 250ºF.
- Roast at the lower temperature for 3-4 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 150º to 155º
- Remove from oven and tent with tin foil for 15 minutes. Slice thinly and serve.