Another fast and easy soup that tastes great within minutes! | www.lakesidetable.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian American
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz turkey Italian sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1 package fresh tortellini (16 oz)
- grated parmesan cheese, garnish (optional)
- lemon wedges (optional)
- soup pot
- large spoon
- Heat olive oil in the soup pot on medium. Add diced onions and cook until they’re soft and translucent.
- Brown turkey Italian sausage with the onions.
- Stir in the spinach, garlic, tomatoes, and salt. Cook together for 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock into soup pot and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bring soup to a boil and add fresh tortellini. Let boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and serve.
- Garnish is a squeeze of lemon and grated parmesan cheese.
One of my family’s favorite soups. It comes together so fast! This is a recipe I first learned from my friend Deb. Thanks girl! Love you! 🙂