Ever have a morning that instead of getting up and going, you feel like your Giddy Up… Got Up… and Gat. Those are the days I want to climb back in bed and pull the covers over my head. But as we all know, that’s never an option. That’s why I like to keep on hand this Breakfast Egg Muffin recipe on hand and in easy reach. They’re full of protein, yummy veggies, and ready to go with me out the door!
Why are they called Breakfast Egg Muffins?
These aren’t TRUE muffins, not in the same sense as a banana muffin or chocolate muffin. They are made in muffin tins and are about the same size as a small muffin. Once you eat one or two, they’re so tasty and nutritious you feel your own internal sun rising up ready to take on the day! A strong latte and a couple of these bad boys, I’m good to go!
Breakfast Egg Muffin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray muffin tin with non stick spray
- Mix together 1 package of frozen spinach chopped spinach (thawed), 8 eggs, 1 cup cheese, 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (like parsley, thyme and sage), 1 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Divide the mixture equally into the muffin tin
- Bake until done, about 25 minutes.
This recipe makes about 12 egg muffins. Each one is about 87 calories.
How to make Breakfast Egg Muffins Ahead
On the weekends, I’ll make a couple batches of these and either freeze them or store them in an airtight container. They’ll keep for 2 months in the freezer, not much longer because there’s very little fat in them. They’re a little dry if you keep them frozen more than that. In the refrigerator, they keep for about a week. To thaw them out, put them in the frig over night or heat them in the oven on 200F on a baking sheet. If they’re just chillin’ in the frig, nuke for 20-30 seconds.
More breakfast ideas~
If you love pancakes and you’re looking for a no carb option, check out my No Carb Pancake recipe. Drizzle them with sugar free syrup, berries and butter! They’re soooo good!
My other favorite go to breakfast are poached eggs. Aside from eating them with a slice of avocado and toast, I love a poached egg over a little left over pot roast, beef stroganoff and (don’t laugh) PIZZA!!! In our house, last night’s pizza is definitely a breakfast item. Here’s my fool proof easy poached egg method.
Breakfast Egg Muffins on the go!
I hope these help put a spring in your step and get you wired and inspired for your day ahead!
Make it an AWESOME day!!!
Breakfast Egg Muffins
Egg Muffin Recipe - Here's a great easy go to breakfast that you can make ahead for a fast morning. I love this one! ❤️ | www.lakesidetable.com
- 8 eggs
- 10 ounce frozen spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs parsley, basil, thyme
- Pam nonstick spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- measuring cups
- muffin tin
- bowl and whisk
- clean dish towel
- Preheat oven to 375º F and spray muffin tin (over sink or open dish washer) with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Thaw frozen spinach. Put spinach in a clean dish towel and wring out as much water as you can over the sink.
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide equally into the muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes.