Hi I’m Madalaine and loooove to help people who crave a delicious life and want to have FUN in their kitchen!
What you’ll find here at Lakeside Table
- $50 Amazon gift card giveaway every month for the rest of 2020! No purchase necessary and you can enter every month. This is my way of saying “Thank you for stopping by Lakeside Table!” 😊Want to enter? Click here!
- No pesky pop up ads and annoying banner ads. I don’t advertise because I want you to have a relaxing enjoyable time getting reliable recipes so you can have fun in your kitchen.
- Recipes are tested and RE-tested
- Tons of tips and tricks I learned earning my Culinary Arts degree, catering and working in restaurants over the years that make cooking Simple, Fun & Easy!
- Beautiful photos and lots of step by step pictures
- Each recipe is a family favorite!
Bookmark this site for easy dishes that will help you surprise and delight your loved ones every time!
When I was 16 I got a job working in a small restaurant in St. Louis, Patty Long. Not only did I fall in love with the food and the vibrant eclectic staff, but I fell head over heels for the electric hustle and energy of the kitchen.
While working on an Economic degree and even after getting a corporate job, I couldn’t stay away from the industry. I waited tables in college and then moonlighted for catering companies in Washington D.C. as a server as well as doing kitchen prep. I loved it all!
BFF with the Chef!
Recently I was interviewed by Nicole of BFF with the Chef! Here’s the link to my interview with her: BFF with the Chef – Madalaine of Lakeside Table. We had such a great time talking about why I chose to go to culinary school, can’t be without kitchen tips, favorite easy healthy go to recipes, and some of our best family stories. If you want to know a little more about me, it’s all in there!
Life on the lake
After retiring from big city living (Boston, Washington D.C. & Northern VA), we’ve embraced the simplicity of lake life. Make ahead recipes and quick meals are my specialty because I want to spend time on living, not just in the kitchen! Don’t you?
Following are affiliate links. Like if you want a kayak, this is our favorite kayak. If you click on it and buy it, Lakeside Table will get a small percent as a commission. 😊 Or if you’re looking for a webcam, this is what I like.
Here are some of my go to tools I use in my recipes:
- Sous Vide (I use both the Anova sous vide and Joule)
- Immersion blender (perfect for my 1 minute Hollandaise sauce!)
- Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
- Blender (I loooove sauces you can make in the blender like Roasted Salsa Verde & Piri Piri!)
- Breville’s Induction Control Freak counter top cooking system (extremely expensive hot plate) 😳
Small town cooking
Born in Texas, raised in downtown St. Louis and now living in a small rural town in southern Illinois. Most of the recipes on Lakeside Table call for easy to find ingredients because that’s what we have here.
We don’t get a lot of fancy pant groceries in a town of 12,000! But every now and then, I venture out to the big city or order from Amazon and play with some exotic ingredients.
Recipes Inspired by a love of travel
As much as I love living on our peaceful rural lake, I adore traveling! To me traveling is about culture, history and new culinary delights. You’ll find that the majority of my recipes are inspired by the places I been and restaurants I love such as:
- Apricot Tart (Austria)
- Red Curry Soup (Firefly restaurant & India)
- Pork Wellington (England)
- Strawberry Schaum Torte (Wisconsin)
- Beef Bourguignon (France)
- Fettuccini Carbonara (Italy)
Lakeside Table Channel on YouTube
I launched my Lakeside Table YouTube channel in 2017 and I’ve got over 75 super short videos with tips and tricks to make cooking Fun & Easy. Lakeside Table YouTube Channel
A huge thank you goes to Keith Sutterfield of Sutterfieldmedia.com Keith has done all my filming and the majority of editing of these videos. Thanks, Keith!
Meet my kids!
I’m so lucky! Jerry and our kids (left to right: Alexandria and Brianna, my 2 beautiful bonus daughters, and Carver) are wonderful to cook for. Believe me, we’ve had a few nights when we were first married that I literally smoked the house down!
Keep stopping by to check out the photos, recipes, and stories to inspire you to have fun in your kitchen and celebrate every day with good food and loved ones. Here’s to good cooking and great times!