Want a quick and delicious way to dish up leftover pasta? A pasta frittata is fast and tasty!
How to Make a Pasta Frittata
- Mix 2 eggs with 1 cup of cooked pasta & 1 clove minced garlic
- Add 3 oz of shredded Italian cheese (a blend of parmesan and mozzarella is great!)
- Stir in 1/4 cup chopped herbs (like basil and parsley) and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix well
- Melt butter an oven safe skillet. When it’s hot, pour in the egg mixture, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then uncover the skillet and place in the oven on broil until the frittata is cooked through and golden brown on top.
Pasta Frittata Variations
Not only is this pasta frittata great with just pasta, eggs, herbs and cheese, it’s also a great place for leftover veggies too. Got broccoli? Throw it in! Got peas, carrots and some cauliflower from last night? Invite them to the party! Got a little salad?… well… ok, that might be stretching it a bit. But you get the idea.
I was fresh out of college the first time I had one of these. I was living with a dear friend and her dad was staying with us. We didn’t have a whole lot in the pantry but he whipped this lil’ puppy up in a flash! Genius!!! Grazie, Eric, grazie!
Frittata - A great way to use leftover pasta and veggies in an open faced omelette topped with all your favorites
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup herbs chopped
- 3 ounces Italian cheeses
Mix all ingredients together
Melt butter in an oven safe skillet. After butter has melted, pour pasta egg mixture into skillet. Cover and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
Turn on broiler while frittata is on the stove. After it has cooked on the stove, uncover and broil until the top is gold brown (about 2-3 minutes).
Watch the frittata carefully while it's under the broiler so it doesn't burn.