This is my “go-to” whipped cream dispenser recipe for my Isi canister. It’s so easy you can’t go wrong! Unless you don’t get a good seal on it like me in this video. 😆
Whipped Cream Dispenser Recipe
At the restaurant, we’d have 3 of these babies at the ready at all times. And even then many times I’d make several batches in the evening. For the best tasting whipped cream use high-quality vanilla!
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (or more depending on your taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (best you can get!)
- Isi whipping cream canister
- Nitrous Oxide charger (aka whip cream chargers or N2O charger)
- measuring cups and spoons
- tasting spoons!
- Pour the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla into the bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Taste it! Add more powdered sugar (1 teaspoon at a time) if needed.
- Pour the cream mixture into the dispenser.
For any recipe, this whipped cream recipe included, taste what you’re making at every step. If it tastes good you know you’re on the right track. Plus you learn so much about how you are transforming your food from start to finish!
How to operate an ISI Whipped Cream Dispenser
After the whipped cream base is made and poured into the canister here’s how you operate it:
- Screw the top on.
- Screw on the decorator tip.
- Put the N2O cartridge into the cap and quickly screw it onto the top of the dispenser. It will hiss a little but that’s ok.
- Shake it.
- Hold the canister upside down and point it into the sink or a bowl to test it.
- Squeeze it gently to dispense the whipped cream.
Making your own homemade whipped cream with a dispenser takes all the guesswork out of how long to beat it if you’re using an electric stand mixer or electric beaters. It fluffs up perfectly every time! But what if it doesn’t…
If you’ve got it shaken and turned upside down and it’s not coming out in billowy clouds of loveliness then 3 things could be happening.
- It’s too warm. If your canister has been sitting out too long and it’s gotten warm, put it back in the fridge and try it again when it’s cold.
- You’ve lost your gas. Usually, you know this because you’ve been looking for snakes for the past 10 minutes. Yes, that’s what that HISSING sound was. DO NOT unscrew the top. You might be cleaning whipped cream off your ceiling. Simply unscrew the N2O cartridge. Screw the top on tighter. Replace the cartridge with a new one.
- Your whipped cream is old. Your ISI filled canister has been pushed to the way back of the refrigerator and even Alton Brown can’t identify what’s coming out of it. Squirt it down the sink, clean it out, and start again.
How long does this whipped cream dispenser recipe last?
If you make a batch and DON’T put it in the canister, about 5 -7 days in a sealed container in the fridge. In the dispenser, it will last 10 days.
Can you freeze it? Yes before it’s been N2O’d, but I don’t recommend it. Freezing it in its liquid state and then trying to fluff it with beaters or nitrous oxide typically results in a far from bubbly foamy topping. However, it is perfectly good for baking and cooking.
Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
Making your own whipped cream at home is definitely the way to go if you want the real deal AND know exactly what’s in it. Use the recipe above but replace the sugar with 1 tablespoon of your favorite powdered sugar-free substitute. Then for Pete’s sake, taste it!
Sugar substitutes all have different levels of sweetness. This is why it’s so important to use the bowl method and taste taste TASTE it before you put it into the canister.
If you are using a liquid, like Stevia, start with 1 teaspoon and then … you got it… that’s right… taste it. Then add more if you need it.
What to put your whipped cream on!
Do we really need to talk about this? Probably not, but it’s a great time to plug some of my tasty desserts. Check these bad boys out when you have a chance.
This is a great dessert for your whipped cream especially if you’re looking for keto or sugar-free options. Panna cotta can easily be made with or without sugar.
This is a great dessert because it’s super fun to make. Get store-bought pie dough and your favorite mini cookie cutters to make playful shapes. The apples are sliced and baked until the sugar caramelizes but they still have a bite to them. Perfect for Father’s Day!
2 Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Talk about pushing the EASY BUTTON! Make this in a pretty bundt pan or casserole dish. It doesn’t matter because it’s light, moist, and deeply satisfying!
Of course, it’s also amazing on hot chocolate, ice cream sundaes, and date night. 😉
Whipped Cream Dispenser Recipe
This is my "go-to" whipped cream dispenser recipe for my Isi canister. It's so easy you can't go wrong! Unless you don't get a good seal on it like me in this video
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Pour cream mixture into whipping cream dispenser and screw on top.
Screw on decorating nozzle.
Place N2O canister into cap and twist onto lid quickly and tightly.
Shake, point nozzle down, and gently squeeze handle.
Leave a Reply