No Introduction Needed
This herb butter topped restaurant style filet mignon needs no introduction. It stands on it’s own. No story needed.
Because there’s no need to fire up the grill, it’s perfect for any time of year, regardless of rain, shine, snow, or sweltering heat. It comes together in moments, finished in the oven. Preparing a dinner for 1 or a party 10? This is the recipe to have on hand. This method can be used for any type of steak and it makes them juicy with a golden crust that’s fast as it is easy. ‘Nuf said.
Oven Finished Filet Mignon
The best steak you've ever put anywhere near your face, hand down! | www.lakesidetable.com
- 2 8 ounce filet mignons
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter softened
- Take the butter and mix well with the garlic, pepper, herbs, and lemon zest. Form into a log, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Season the filets with salt and set aside.
- Heat an oven safe (cast iron is great) pan to a screaming hot temperature. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Sear the steaks for about 2-3 minutes per side until they have a nice brown crust. Once the steaks are browned on both sides, place them in the center of the oven for 6-8 minutes for medium rare, depending on how thick the steaks are.
- In the last minutes of cooking, cut a 1/2 inch medallion of the herb butter and place it on top of each steak. Cook for 1 more minutes in the oven.
- Let the steaks rest, covered for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
The reason this dish is so amazing is due mostly in part to having the very best and freshest ingredients possible. That means high grade salt, it means pepper ground right in front of you by a pepper mill. It means fresh herbs and it means REAL BUTTER. The good news is that these are all things you probably already have in your house.