You can make this Sugar Free Lemonade with only 3 ingredients! Ok, I lied. If you want to count the water, it’s 4 ingredients. (Lemons – Truvia – Ice – Water)
And you only need 4 tools! Ok, I lied again. If you want to count a glass to drink it with, it’s 5 tools. (Blender – Knife – Measuring Cup – Strainer – Glass)
What I love most about this quick recipe is that you don’t have to squeeze a ton of lemons, you don’t have to wait for a hot summer day, and you get all the freshly squeezed lemon juice with practically no work at all!
Sugar Free Lemonade Recipe – in 5 seconds!
- Wash 3 lemons, cut them in half, and take out the seeds.
- Put them in a blender (yes, skins and all!) and pour in 2 cups water & 1/3 cup Truvia (or erythritol)
- Blitz on high for 3 seconds.
- Then add 2 more cups of water and 2 cups ice.
- Blend on highest speed for 2 more seconds.
- Pour into glasses (or a pitcher) filled with ice.
My goal for Lakeside Table this year is to inspire you have FUN in your kitchen! Several of you have asked for Fast, Easy, Healthy & Super Tasty recipes. Awesome! Then I thought, why not make it a GAME and do PRIZES??? Heck yeah!
That’s why I started doing these monthly challenges. Lakeside Table has always been about giving people the tools and the confidence to get in the kitchen and have a good time. What’s better than making something super simple that tastes great and maybe win a little dough at the same time?
Sugar Free Lemonade Recipe Variations
I’ve made this homemade lemonade with only lemons, with a mix of lemons and limes, and I’ve even tossed in a little basil and thyme. I liked the herbs, my family… not so much. 😊 Here are some other ideas you might want to try.
- Meyer lemons
- Tangerines and oranges
- 3 Lemons and 1 cup of blueberries
- Toss a couple whole raspberries into your glass before serving
- Add 1 inch washed ginger root to blender with cut lemons
- Jazz it up with a sprig of basil or mint in the glass
- Sweeten it up a bit and balance the Truvia with 10 drops of Stevia
- Add bubbles – Don’t add the second round of 2 cups of water with ice. Instead, add the ice, blitz, then gently stir in 2 cups of sparkling water, then strain and serve.
Making Real Lemon Lemonade with Sugar
Since Truvia (or erythritol) dissolves almost instantly and sugar does not, the method changes just a bit. If you have simple syrup on hand, replace step 1 with 1 cup simple syrup and 1 cup water.
- In the blender, pour 2 cups HOT water and 1/2 cup sugar. Blitz on the highest speed for 5 seconds. This will help the sugar dissolve.
- Add the cut and seeded lemons to the blender. Blitz again for 3 seconds on highest speed.
- Add 2 cups COLD water and 2 cups ice. Blend on high for 3 seconds.
- Strain over ice & serve.
Healthy Lemonade Choices
Not only is this a refreshing drink for warm days, but it’s a healthy choice too. Lemons are full of vitamin C, citric acid, and soluble fiber.
Studies have shown that adding lemons and fresh lemon juice to your diet decreases cholesterol, helps prevent kidney stones, helps heart health, and aids in weight loss.
Jerry and I enjoy a glass of wine (or 2!) with dinner on the weekends, but during the week we opt for a chilled glass of homemade 5 second lemonade. It has 95% less calories than wine, it’s light, refreshing and compliments just about any meal.
Sugar Free Lemonade in 5 Seconds
Sugar Free Lemonade in ONLY 5 Seconds! With only 3 ingredients and a couple simple kitchen tools making homemade sugar free lemonade has never been easier!
- 3 lemons cut in half
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute Truvia or erythritol
- 10 drops Stevia optional
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups ice
Put all the lemons, cut in 1/2 and seeded, in the blender with 2 cups water, 1/3 cup Truvia or erythritol and 10 drops Stevia (optional).
Blend on highest speed for 3 seconds.
Then add 2 cups of water and 2 cups ice. Blitz again on highest setting for 2 seconds.
Strain into a pitcher of ice.
Can’t believe how EASY and good this is!!! 🙂
I had no idea you could make it this easy! I can’t wait to try it in my new Pampered Chef blender! REALLY excited!!!
Michael Eugene Shaner
You made this Brittle Diabetic (T1.5D) very happy!
Thank you! 🙏🏻