This tangy, spicy, creamy keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is a perfect for game day! I’ve also included a LOW FAT version that’s just as tasty! No matter which one you scoop up, they’re both deeply satisfying and very filling!
This post contains affiliate links. This means, I have been (or can be) compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post if you click on a link and make a purchase.
There’s a National Day for just about everything now. Apparently January 29 is National Corn Chip Day. If you’re looking for a dip to scoop up in your favorite corn chip, definitely try out this recipe!
How to Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
This low carb appetizer only has 2 net carbs per serving. It’s a got a great kick that won’t rip your face off. I serve it with cool celery sticks that give it a fun crunch!
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and brown 6 ounces of cubed chicken breast. After the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and reserve it in a small mixing bowl.
- Lower the heat, add 1 more tablespoon of butter and cook 2 minced cloves of garlic until they’re soft.
- Increase the heat and deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup chicken broth. Stir until 1/2 of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 tablespoon crunchy Asian garlic sauce (optional), and 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank’s). Stir until smooth.
- Add the chicken and any of its juices back in.
- Stir well, serve with celery and corn chips, and keep warm in a small crock pot.
I keep a jar of this crunchy Asia garlic condiment in the refrigerator at all times. I love it! It looks fiery but it’s not. It has a mild garlic flavor with a lot of tangy zip.
I also really like Brodo Broth. If I don’t have a batch of my own homemade chicken broth handy I use this in a pinch. Mostly, I sip on it for a nutritious treat.
How to make this in a Slow Cooker
You can also make this in a slow cooker. Brown the chicken in a small pan, then add it and the other ingredients to the slow cooker. Close the lid. Stir before serving.
Healthy Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and brown 6 ounces of cubed chicken breast. When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan.
- Lower the heat, add 1/2 cup chicken broth and cook 2 minced cloves of garlic until they’re soft.
- Stir until 1/2 of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 8 low fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon crunchy Asian garlic sauce, and 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank’s). Stir until smooth.
- Add the chicken and any of its juices back in.
- Stir well, serve with celery, corn chips and/or tortilla chips, and keep warm in a small crock pot.
The video for this keto friendly recipe will be available Wednesday January 29, 2020 at 11am
Other Ideas for your Buffalo chicken dip
- Mix it with cooked pasta shells or macaroni to make Buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese
- Use it as a chicken buffalo sauce and spoon it over sautéd zucchini noodles
- For a great alternative to ranch dressing, omit the chicken and use it as a dip for chicken wings
- Instead of cooking your own chicken, use 1 1/2 cups of a rotisserie chicken
- For a different texture, use chopped shredded chicken instead of cubes
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese or shredded cheddar cheese for a real cheesy punch
Make it Ahead of Time
This dip will keep well in an air tight contain for 5 days in the refrigerator. To get it “party ready” stir it well and put it in an oven safe baking dish. Preheat oven to 300F, cover with tin foil and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
More Great Party Food Ideas & Keto Recipes
Healthy Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
This tangy, spicy, creamy keto Buffalo Chicken Dip is a perfect healthy alternative to many of the tempting sugary snacks typically found on game day. Wether you scoop it up with celery or your favorite corn chip, it's deeply satisfying and very filling! | www.lakesidetable.com ❤️
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces chicken cubed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese soft, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Crunchy Asian Topping
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce Frank's
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
Season raw chicken with salt and pepper. Then brown chicken in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from pan and reserve it in a small bowl.
Return pan to heat (do not clean), melt the other tablespoon butter in the pan and add 2 minced garlic cloves. Lower heat and cook until garlic is soft.
Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup chicken broth. Increase the heat and reduce the chicken broth until you have about a 1/4 cup left in your pan.
Lower the heat and add 8 ounce of soft cream cheese, 1 tablespoon crunchy Asian topping and 1/2 cup hot sauce (Franks). Stir until smooth.
Add the chicken back in and stir well.
Pour dip into serving bowl and top with sliced green onions.
Low Fat Version:
Replace butter with chicken broth and replace the cream cheese with low fat greek yogurt.